Follow our family's weekly vegetarian menu, access recipes, and download weekly grocery lists, during my quest to get our weekly grocery bill down to $70 per week, while supporting local agriculture and eating healthy organic foods!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Project Food Budget: Week 2

Goal: $70
Actual: $84
Menu
Groceries:
  • Chickpeas 
  • Black eyed peas 
  • 1 dozen eggs 
  • Whole Wheat Flour 
  • Onions 
  • Tofu 
  • Coconut Milk 
  • Quinoa
  • Raisins 
  • Limes 
  • Lemons
  • Millet 
  • Cottage Cheese 
  • Lentils 
  • Cheese 
  • Soy Sauce 
  • Cliff Bars 
  • Brown Sugar
  • Almonds
CSA:

  • Spinach 
  • Carrots 
  • Beets 
  • Chard 
  • Scallions 
  • Turnips 
  • Bok Choy 
  • Kohlrabi 
  • Dill 
  • Cilantro
Notes: We went over budget this week, due to a number of things. I make my dog's food every two weeks. This week was the week I needed to get the ingredients. Which were lentils, millet, and cottage cheese. I need to figure out how to buy these things and the rest of our groceries without going over budget. I also used an additional $3.29 to buy some almonds to make almond butter. I made some using my food processor and 1 tsp of cinnamon. It seems almonds a a source of calcium. The cinnamon almond butter was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment