Follow our family's weekly vegetarian menu, access recipes, and download weekly grocery lists, during my quest to get our weekly grocery bill down to $70 per week, while supporting local agriculture and eating healthy organic foods!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Project Food Budget: Week 12

Goal: $70/ week - $ 280/month
Actual: 82.09 week- $341/month OVER $61


The Breakdown:

  • $15 1/2 CSA share
  • $31.59 Dinner Swap
  • $35.5 Staples
Dinner Swap Menu:
  • Kimbap (Korean style sushi rolls) with steamed Asian greens
  • Lentil and Butternut squash soup with side salad
  • Whole wheat pasta and veggies with creamy pesto sauce w/ home garden side salad and hibiscus tea
  • Minestrone soup and dinner rolls. 
  • Cacciatore
  • Lemon chive pasta with garlic roasted broccoli 
Additional meals/items:
  • carrot bread
  • home made tortillas
    • 2 cups whole wheat white flour
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 TBL coconut oil
    • 2/3 cup warm water
    • Mix all dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and  mix thoroughly. Add more water by the tablespoon if mixture is too dry. Kneed for several minutes and let rise for 30. Cut into 8-10 pieces and roll out. Cook in hot skillet flip when bubbles form. 
  • Fajitas
I really thought I was going to be right around $100 this week. I am not really sure how I stayed so close to the budget. I did buy extra items to make a special dinner for Easter. I think without those items I would have been on target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment