Follow our family's weekly vegetarian menu, access recipes, and download weekly grocery lists, during my quest to get our weekly grocery bill down to $70 per week, while supporting local agriculture and eating healthy organic foods!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Money Saving Tip #1

Waste not, want not!

 I wish I had always used a FoodSaver vacuum sealer. Whenever we have left overs that will not be eaten within two days, I seal them up and stick them in the freezer. I do the same thing with leftover ingredients, so I can use them in future recipes. If freezing fresh veggies, just blanch them, drain,  vacuum seal  and freeze them. This saves a ton on your grocery bill! There have been times where I have an entire weeks worth of meals in the freezer. I just take a break from cooking that week and use what's in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment