Follow our family's weekly vegetarian menu, access recipes, and download weekly grocery lists, during my quest to get our weekly grocery bill down to $70 per week, while supporting local agriculture and eating healthy organic foods!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Money Saving Tip #2

Cut down on meat analogue use. Don't get me wrong, I love a good veggie burger! I also love using meat substitutes in many dishes, but they are not cost effective. I think their existence is the one reason people believe vegetarian cooking is expensive. Veggie burgers and meat replacement products cost anywhere from $2.50-$5 per meal. In stark contrast, beans cost approximately $.50 per meal. Aside from the soy debate, or the processed food debate, the price difference is reason enough to consume  more beans and less meat substitutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment